About me

Hello. First time for you being here? First time. Relax, this is not an interrogation! I didn't mean to be unpolite. I am a blog. I know you know I am a blog. I am nothing special. I am coloured and decorated, but I do nothing more than reflecting thoughts and stories about life. You think it's enough to be boring and being ignored? I do. :) Please keep on ignoring me as long as you want. But if you ever find yourself catching a thought...a thought you know it must be remarkable, a thought about something you're finally aware of... then you know where you can find me. Please, share it with me that day! :)

lunedì 28 settembre 2009

Numero 5 - Baby Art



Name: Trevor Brown
Profession: Artist


You may hate this artist as long as you may love him.
His name is Trevor Brown, and he's callously cruel with his characters! Give a look to his pictures, and you'll find pretty, innocent babydolls being dismembered, hanged, punched, raped, teared to pieces in a terrific, sadic show.
I personally love his art, even though sometimes I find it hard withstanding for long to some of his images. Blood, violence, nazi swasitkas and women masturbating themselves. Genial ideas and great ability in painting, but I can't help it, I am one of
those bigoted persons that supports the good characters in movies and likes happy endings!
Trevor Brown anyway is a genious but not a deviated mind! He affirms that the cruelty of some of his ideas in fact derives from a marked irony. That's what I like most about him, maybe because it's a quality (or anyway a whole way of seeing things) completely different form mine.

I saw this picture (the one on the right) on an exhibiton in Rome, and I was really, really striked by the originality of the whole idea.
The irony is probably hidden behind the raspberries! You watch the picture and you're like: "Oh my GGGod, there's blood running on her mouth!!!!", but then you suddenly realize it's just raspberry juice, and immediatly relax and smile. Since I have a huge passion about Japan, I also can't help beeing a big supporter of all those artists who take inspiration from that magnificent country!
Here's the link of his site, give it a look and be ready to laugh/cry/being in love/being disgusted by the genial, creative art of this man!


http://www.pileup.com/babyart/



1 commento: